The Components of the General Coverage Needed for the Entertainment Industry

When you work in entertainment, whether it’s theater, cinematic production, music or some other outlet, you need entertainment insurance. The specific aspects of your business that must be covered vary depending on the type of entertainment you provide, but all such policies have a few things in common.

All packages should include general liability. This protects you from legal fees and settlements if an action is taken against you. Liquor liability is necessary if any part of your business involves the serving of alcohol. If you use vehicles as part of your business, you need automobile insurance. Property insurance covers physical structures in case something, such as a fire or leak, happens to make them need repair. Workers’ compensation is important to protect both you and your workers from the costs associated with on-the-job injuries. Professional liability or international professional liability protect you from claims of discrimination. Finally, it’s a good idea to have an umbrella policy that gives you a little extra liability coverage if you need it.

No matter what kind of production you run, entertainment insurance is a necessary business cost that could save you quite a bit of money in the long run. A qualified insurance agent with a solid relationship with his or her underwriters can help you compile the specific package you need, but the policies listed here are a good place to start.