In Tennessee, a small business is defined as any company with fewer than 500 employees. If you own a restaurant in Tennessee, you most likely fall into the small business category. Having good restaurant insurance in Tennessee will allow you to protect your small business while you focus on the day-to-day challenges of running a successful restaurant.
What Kind of Insurance Is Mandatory in Tennessee?
While commercial liability insurance is not mandatory in Tennessee, there are a few things that you will need to cover.
- Worker’s compensation: If you have five or more employees, you must have worker’s compensation to cover injuries that occur at work.
- Vehicle coverage: If you use a car or truck for deliveries, you should purchase a commercial vehicle policy.
What Would Be Covered Under Commercial Liability Insurance?
If you decide you do want to purchase commercial liability restaurant insurance in Tennessee, the following items will be covered:
- Bodily injury—covers expenses if a customer is injured.
- Advertising injury—covers financial losses caused by your advertisements.
- Legal defense—covers legal fees if you are brought to court for any business-related issues.
Whether you own a family restaurant or you’re hoping to start a commercial chain, you’ll want to purchase restaurant insurance in Tennessee. It’s coverage that will protect your small business from any mishaps that often occur in the food service industry.