Shopping for cheap auto insurance in CT? Several factors will determine how much you will be paying each month on your premiums.
The type of car you drive can have a great impact on your insurance rates. See how these features affect your cost:
- Risk of theft. If your car is on the list of the top 10 most stolen cars, your premium will certainly be higher.
- Age of the vehicle. Newer cars usually have a higher premium on collision insurance because they are “totaled” less often than older cars.
- Safety rating. It’s often a good idea to purchase a car with a high safety rating, and it will go a long way in getting you cheap auto insurance in CT.
Your age, gender, and location can all have an effect on your rate. Consider these elements:
- Gender and age. Older men tend to get the best insurance rates.
- Neighborhood. More accidents occur in densely populated areas, leading to higher insurance rates.
- Driving history. A high number of tickets and previous accidents will drive up your monthly premium.
Many factors determine your insurance rate. However, owning a safe car and having a good driving history are two of the best ways to get cheap auto insurance in CT.